RECENT ABUSE OF REACT BINS
Due to recent abuse of the REACT recycling bins, the RM/Hamlet and REACT would like to remind residents of the expectations, and what is or isn’t accepted.
REACT DOES ACCEPT the following – please ensure items are clean:
- Cardboard and box board (ie: cereal boxes)
- Newspapers and flyers
- Tin cans & tin pie plates
- Office paper & envelopes – all colours
- Shredded paper – in clear bags
- Hard plastic containers with the triangle & number inside from 1-7 (ie: margarine containers, yogurt containers, ketchup bottles, clear fruit containers, etc.)
REACT DOES NOT accept the following:
- Plastic shopping bags or plastic film
- Garbage of any kind (including but not limited to: toys, vinyl siding, coat hangers, paper towels/Kleenex)
- Motor oil containers & antifreeze
- Trees, branches, or compost
Please note the REACT employees have to sort the bins by hand – REACT asks that bin users please keep this in mind and be respectful! If the community remains non-compliant, fees will go up accordingly (via tags & landfill fees). REACT has also stated that Guernsey is at a risk of losing our bins currently, as a result of recent events – as such, we ask that you PLEASE be mindful of these expectations and what you put into the bins – and don’t spoil it for the rest of the Hamlet!
For more information, please visit www.reactsask.ca