The RM of Usborne participates in the provincial Beaver Control Program administered through SARM. Through this program, the RM provides $30.00 per beaver eradicated by authorized individuals. Please contact the RM office or your councillor for additional information.
Report ALL controlled burns to 1-866-404-4911 before burning and upon completion. You will be required to provide your name, phone number, land location, what you are burning and for how long. If an unreported controlled burn is responded to by a fire department, the landowner or resident will be charged.
Gravel is no longer sold privately through the RM. There are a number of suppliers in the area to meet the demand.
The RM completes the top cut for all ditches in the RM annually, no exceptions.
If a ratepayer wishes to cut the ditch for hay, he or she must notify the RM prior to June 1st of the current year so it can be deleted from the mowing map. All requests are subject to Council approval.
Hay located in the municipal road right-of-ways will be available for salvage under the following conditions:
- Before July 15th, adjacent landowners have first choice of salvage. You must contact the owner prior to cutting.
- After July 15th, any person may salvage hay.
- Bales cannot be left on road or shoulder and must be removed by August 15th.
- On years that require fall mowing, you must contact the RM to have the municipal mower skip sections you wish to cut.
We no longer have a weed control applicator and are looking for someone with a commercial applicator’s license for public lands.
Dust control is available to anyone at cost; to calculate use: $0.31/litre x 1.8 l/m2 x road width 7m x length 200 m. That is a heavy application and the rate can be reduced as it accumulates over time. If you want an application, please call early in the year. To get the preferred rate we need to order full trucks.
The RM wishes to advise you of the new policy for spring dust control:
- The municipality will publish an ad in the paper and on the website (www.rmusborne.ca) with a deadline to be put on the list for private dust control. All ratepayers must be in contact with the office prior to the deadline to be put on the list, no exceptions.
- All ratepayers requesting dust control must have the application area staked.
- The RM will only apply dust control to roads within and maintained by the RM of Usborne.
- Free applications for occupied yardsites on haul routes will be standardized as follows:
- Bloomfield Road – 500m
- South Drake Grid – 250m
- Lockwood Grid – 250m
- Rg Rd 2245 – 250m
- Anything above this must be applied for, and is chargeable to the ratepayer.
Dennis Friend is appointed as the Pest Control Officer (PCO) for the municipality. He is licensed by the Ministry of Agriculture. Dennis can be contacted through the RM office. Rat poison is available at the RM office and is available at no charge to landowners for use on RM of Usborne properties.