Assessment Notice Clarification for Rural Residents
Assessment Notice Clarification for Rural Residents:
We have been receiving many calls regarding the 293-exemption letter & form that accompanied assessment notices. If you are not sure about your form, :
- This form applies to all rural ratepayers who have a residential improvement on their assessment (for example: your farm house).
- If you have a residential improvement on your assessment notice and it is fully exempted, you do not need to fill out the form. Your 293 exemption is complete.
- If you do have a residential improvement on your assessment notice and it is NOT fully exempted, please have a look/be aware of the following:
- 293 exemptions can only be applied in the amount of the taxable assessment of Ag & Pasture land that is owned, leased, or rented.
- 293 exemptions were automatically applied to farm residences by SAMA, in the amount of your taxable Ag assessment within the RM of Usborne. If you do not believe this is the case, please get in touch with the office.
- 293 exemptions can also be applied for land rented/owned outside of the RM of Usborne. Note: we are not aware of your land in other municipalities – if you are entitled to more of an exemption for land in other municipalities, please fill out the form accordingly & return it to the office.
- If you should have a residential improvement on your assessment and you do not, please contact the office.
For any questions, please contact us!